Estée Lauder Foundation Review

19:44

I am going to dedicate this post to my most recent favorite must have beauty product that I am very very extremely excited by. Underneath is a long version of my review, and those who just want to skip to the pros and cons, they can be found at the bottom!

So since my last post I purchased Estée Lauder double wear foundation in 2N1 'desert beige'. Which those of you who have been reading my blog know that I have been pondering after this product for a while. I was super excited by this product and (thankfully) have not been let down. 

So when I first poured it onto my hand, the formula was actually quite runny, which I didn't except as it is a long-lasting formula so I was pleasantly surprised because this makes it much easier to blend in the skin. However, I did find that it dries quite quickly, so work fast! This foundation claims to be 'fragrance free', it doesn't have a good or bad smell but it does smell like foundation (surprise). 

The foundation is meant to last up to 15 hours, and after wearing it all day and for a night out, I can confidently say it lasts perfectly for about 13 hours and then you start to notice the difference, however, it's nothing major, i.e. it doesn't all come off. The thing with my skin after around 13 hours with this foundation on was that my skin started to look SLIGHTLY oily. I did not top up my make-up at this point because it was probably only noticeable to myself, so the staying power is fab. 



When I have worn this foundation I've applied it with Real Techniques Stipple Brush, which I found give me an airbrushed finish, and also gave me medium-heavy coverage. It doesn't feel like you have lots of your skin (hence it being a light weight foundation) but you could definitely feel that you were wearing it. Compared to True Match L'Oreal foundation which is medium coverage yet it doesn't feel like you even have any foundation on.



Another bonus that I found with this foundation is that it has not caused me any blemishes at all. I found that Mac foundations used to cause me to break out, so either this foundation is nicer to skin or my skin- care routine is doing me proud.


An amazing thing about this foundation is that it come in THIRTY different shades! All of which are either yellow, warm or neutral tones. Which is amazing, there is literally a tone for everyone. This foundation is amazing, it gives such a lovely finish, and I am so happy that I have not been left disappointed by it! As you can see by the picture below, it has evened out my skin-tone leaving me with a flawless finish!



Since this was quite a lot of detailed information I'll put it in points for those of you who just want to know the basics!

Pros 
• lots of shades to choose from
• great coverage 
• has not made me break out 
• airbrush finish 
• long lasting 
• spf 10
• Oil-free (I would highly recommend it to people with oily skin - nice matte finish)


Cons 
• no pump included which makes it quite hard to get the right amount of product
• not a perfect 15 hour foundation but definitely long lasting

Laura x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images