Apologising and No7 Brush Review

18:52

To start this blog post I am going to make an official apology for neglecting my blog for so long. I have been very busy (which is no excuse) but I have been exploring into the blogging/vlogging world and I have become even more so interested in it all. I have redesigned my blog, thought up new blog ideas and it is eventually time I started to take this blogging more serious. In my busy schedule I will make time to write. Moving on...
 
Since it has been such a long time since I have blogged it has allowed me to try out a lot of new products, I have used my time away very wisely!
 
I am a firm believer that having a good makeup look comes from having good tools to apply it with. A few months ago I received a new brush core collection from No7 (here). With it includes; Foundation Brush, Concealer Brush, Eye Colour Brush and Blusher Brush. The collection also came with a pouch that can hold upto 8 brushes. Although I do not keep my brushes in it, I have found it really useful for travelling and it was a nice little extra with the brushes. Below you will find a quick review on all of the brushes in the set. I hope you enjoy!


Foundation Brush - To be entirely honest it is not for me, I usually use a stippling brush for my foundation, and I feel like this No7 flat foundation brush just doesn't work for me. It is amazingly soft and gives good coverage but I feel like a stippling brush just gives a better finish. If you like flat foundation brushes then I would recommend!

Concealer Brush - This brush is pretty much a miniature replica of the foundation brush, and I love it! It is so soft and is the perfect size to get into all those areas that need concealing! I use it under my eyes and it is very soft on my skin, doesn't leave streaks and definitely has a full coverage effect! Just what you need after a rough nights sleep.

Eye Colour Brush - When I first got this brush I was kind of unsure what to think of it. The brush is quite stiff particularly when I first got it so when I first used it with a matte shadow it was useless. I then tried it with a slightly shimmery eye shadow and again, I was unimpressed. The best thing to use this brush for is for cream based eye shadows as it makes it very even and leaves a nice finish. Another shadow I would recommend for this brush is pigmented sparkling shadows, for example 'Buzz' from the Naked 3 Palette. If you pat the shadow on it leaves an extremely pigmented finish. Now I have found the perfect shadows for this brush I love it.

Blusher Brush - The blusher brush is yet again extremely soft and smooth on the skin. It is extremely fluffy, rounded and the bristles are dense enough to put the perfect amount of product onto the skin. I would totally recommend this brush and it is a definite contender of the Real Techniques Blush Brush.


Overall this is a very good value for money set of brushes. The concealer and the blush brush are my favourite but I am definitely glad I got the eye colour brush too as it is the one brush I didn't have already and I was highly impressed! The pouch will be very useful and I am sure I will use it on all my journeys to keep my brushes clean and safe. I would 100% recommend this core brush set, especially if it your first set of brushes as it contains the 'core' brushes of a make up bag!

Laura x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images