Recent Make-Up Purchases

20:18

Hello,  I hope everyone is having a nice week! I have been looking forward to reviewing these next few products for a while, but I wanted to ensure I gave them a long enough time to test them out so I could make a more reliable post. Here we go...



My usual go-to foundation is Rimmel Wake Me Up (here). This foundation is so light on the skin, doesn't make you feel cakey,  and has a subtle glow (not shimmery, just brightening) which tops it off. The shade I use is True Ivory 103. It is so easy to apply, very bendable and in my opinion light-medium  coverage and with concealer it does cover my blemishes.

I do like having a range of products so I decided it was about time I gave a new foundation a chance. After hearing many good things about L'Oreal True Match Foundation I could not resist purchasing, at £9.99, even the price was appealing. I have to say, when I pumped some of the formula onto the back of my hand it was very runny, and I thought it was not going to supply any coverage. But to my delight as soon as I put it on my skin, I loved it. The coverage is literally perfect for my skin(medium coverage), it easily covers my blemishes and I tested one day wearing two layers and it did not cake at all. This foundation contains three non-greasy oils, so it really does leave you with a flawless finish. I bought this is N3 Creamy Beige, which I think is slightly lighter than my skin tone, however it just blends into the texture of my skin anyway, and I just darken it up with some bronzer/contour. I think I might have found a new favourite, Buy here


The next two things I want to review I picked up in a little shop in Durham.

The first is Fashion Secret Mattifying Primer (immaculate finish). So, I bought this 35ml bottle for only £2.99!! Since the price was so low I was not expecting much, but since I have oily/combination skin I wanted to try a cheap mattifying primer before I purchased a high-end one. I now do not see the point in buying a high-end primer just yet, because this is my current favourite find. I have been testing this for the last few weeks, trying it with a few different foundations to ensure that it was actually this product that was making my skin less-greasy. And I am happy to announce this is the product that has completely eliminated the look of oil on my skin. The formula itself is quite velvety and thick, yet it spreads smoothly and easily. I am so happy I gave this a shot. Please take my word for it and try it yourself!


The final product I am going to review today is a lipstick by Astor in 435, this is a moisturising lipstick that is meant to colour and care for your lips. The colour I bought is a lovely deep red. I bought this for £1.99, and the colour is my favourite A/W colour. It is highly pigmented and it does leave my lips feeling moisturised. However, I did find myself reapplying it 3-4 times a day. I would recommend this product if you have time to be reapplying but I believe for lipstick, you get what you pay for.

Wearing all three reviewed products! 
I hope you have enjoyed this blog post, I salute you if you took the time to read it all! If anybody has any recommendations on a long-lasting dark red lipstick let me know!

Laura x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images